What am I doing now?
I’m living in Tokyo, Japan, where I work full time teaching English for the time being. This is not my long-term strategy, but it's a means by which one can get established in another country. 2017 will be a year of large-scale change in my life, as I attempt to build my creative work to the point where I can legally qualify for an artist visa and be in a position to focus more entirely on making art and exploring my adopted home country of Japan.
Along those lines, this is how I'm currently spending my time (in no particular order):
- Working on a new blog project over at Somewhere in Japan
- Making photos, writing, designing online courses, developing publications (I really am, though the site never changes)
- Pushing down the path from English teacher to full-time creative professional while remaining in Japan (no plans to leave)
- Spending time with my girlfriend whenever possible, which in Tokyo means once a week at most
- Helping produce a radio show that broadcasts Thursday nights on FM Nishi Tokyo
- Teaching myself the basics of video production
- Studying 日本語, making some progress
- Communing with cats whenever/wherever I meet them
- Going for very long walks walks, often while engaging in psychogeographic experiments
- Getting back to riding fixed gear bikes
- Reading a variety of things, including but not limited to:
- Eating ramen and going to the sentō [my local sento closed! boooooooo!]
This page will be updated as appropriate. Last updated on 2017-02-23